体育项目 consists of intramural sports and cheerleading. Cheerleading is reserved for girls in grades 7-8, flag football for boys in grades 5-8, volleyball for girls and boys in grades 5-8, basketball for girls and boys grades 5-8. Fourth graders may “play up” a grade level if there are not enough 5th graders to fill a sports team.
The Solano/Pittsburg Athletic League
The Solano/Pittsburg Athletic League is an integral part of the educational mission of the Catholic Schools of the Diocese of Sacramento and the Diocese of Oakland. The SPAL is dedicated to fostering Christian values and human development, encouraging a positive vision and attitude in our young men and women through exercise, 例子, 团队合作, and athletic competition and fully recognizing the dignity of each student in Christ’s image. The SPAL acknowledges and upholds the vital role of all parents and volunteers in the SPAL schools.
- To teach sportsmanship and the value of athletic participation.
- To teach the importance of practice and the management of time.
- To develop acceptance and appreciation of others.
- To teach fundamental skills and rules of athletic competition.
- To develop students physically.
- To develop good health habits.
- To provide a proper outlet for youthful energy.
- Players shall show respect to coaches, officials and teammates at all times.
- Players shall show respect to the members of opposing teams.
- Players shall cooperate with all reasonable demands from their coaches.
- Players receiving disciplinary suspension shall be ineligible for a period of time determined by the principal.
- Missed practices and/or games must be communicated to the coach prior to the absence. Non-communicated absences will be unexcused. Three (3) unexcused absences may result in removal from the team.
- Players will be expected to attend and be on time for all games and practices.
- An absence from school could result in a player being ineligible on that day for either practice or a game. Example: If a player is absent from school on Friday and there is a game on Friday night, that player may not play in that game. If a game is scheduled on a weekend and the player was not in school on Friday, then the player may be allowed to play in Saturday or Sunday’s game.
- Participants guilty of unsportsmanlike conduct or using obscene language may be dropped from the team.
- Removal of a player from a team shall have the approval of the principal and athletic director.
- Players shall be considered eligible to play in league games when registration fees are paid.
- Players will be expected to put forth the effort to condition their bodies and learn the basic skills of the game.
- Without the participation of parents, the listed objectives will not be achieved. The Administration relies on you to support the philosophy as it applies to athletic activities. This philosophy will be expressed in conduct at games, 与官员有关, and how we encourage the young athletes.
- It is a mark of courtesy and gratitude to coaches to make sure players are dropped off and picked up promptly for games and practices.
- Children must remain supervised inside the facility. The supervision of non-team siblings is the responsibility of the parents.
- Make sure that your child wants to participate in a sport. To get the most out of a sport, children should play to please themselves, not parents or coaches.
- If, 或者当问题出现时, they should be addressed at an appropriate time and in a proper manner with the coach. 如果没有圆满解决, the problem should be brought to the attention of the athletic director or principal.
- 父母 should conduct themselves in a proper manner when attending games. Never yell demeaning remarks to officials, coaches, or players on either team. There is a great deal of difference between cheering and verbal abuse. Derogatory or profane language will result in your ejection from the stands/ballpark. Repeated offenses will result in a permanent ban from all athletic events.
- Support all efforts to eliminate verbal and physical abuse from children’s activities.
- Encourage your child/children to always play by the rules.
- 父母 should recognize that an honest effort is the primary objective over winning and losing. Remember that the goal of the game is to have children learn the values of sportsmanship and 团队合作.